Here's my mini-archive. It contains all my top 5 Lois and Clark picks that I've put up. Just in case you wanted to know. :)
3/6/02 to 3/16/02
1. A Letter Is Worth a Thousand Words by Sarah Luddy- A first season story, set during the "House of Luthor" story arc. Written from the perspective of...I won't tell you; that's half the fun. Written from a unique perspective, this is a very sweet story. TEARJERKER WARNING!
2. Getting to Know You by Nan Smith- Still in production; however, you can find what's already been written at Zoomway's Message Boards. Taking off from the second season episode "Top Copy," this is (yet) another take on the story of Superman's internal Kryptonite poisoning. Pay attention to the b-plot, though, too. It's called "Getting to Know You" for a reason! A sequel to the author's "Mystery."
3. Got A Way by Wendy Richards- This is a heartwarming short story about how Clark manages to take Lois back from that perpetually annoying Dan Scardino. Set in the second season, starting in the middle of "Target: Jimmy Olsen."
4. Happy (Weird) Birthday, Clark! by Molly- Although this was submitted to the archive (lcfanfic.com) waay back in 1998, I only discovered it about a week ago. A very humorous story, and not to be taken seriously. It'll make you laugh, though, guaranteed. Even if you're not a FoLC. :)
5. Rain by Shayne Terry- I've got one word for you: heartwrenching. (But very, very good. ;)
All of these can be found at lcfanfic.com, along with many, many others. And if you can't find 'em there, they're somewhere on Zoomway's Message Boards. Also, these stories do not belong to me, they belong to the authors. These stories have been used without the permission of the authors (no offense or copyright infringement intended).
1. Cape of Good Hope by Paul-Gabriel Wiener- A future story. This goes from mysterious to shocking to heartwrenching to interesting ("all in under 30 seconds!"). You gotta read this!
2. Super Stud by ML Thompson- Wow this is good. A-plot, b-plot, action, drama, romance, comedy...just about everything you've ever wanted in a fanfic. Actually, make that "everything."
3. Chocolat by Supermom- A Lois Lane revenge. Is Clark doomed because of his little "chocolate habit" remark to Lois, or will this be a more stylish sort of revenge? Short and funny.
4. Yellow for Friendship by Wendy Richards- What about those yellow friendship roses, anyway? Set during and after the ending of the second season episode, "The Prankster." Heartwarming would be the best description.
5. Wine, Wine, Wine by Kathy Brown- Short, sweet, and comic. This will definitely bring a grin to your face. :P
1. The Four by Debbie Lee- Clark has to pass some tests. And they're not multiple choice. A short, but dramatic, original premise fic. Very good. I mean, phenomenal.
2. (Actually, I'm not sure what the title is, but it's really long, and it's been posted on Zoomway's Message Boards since Sunday, March 17 or later. Sorry.) by Chris aka OutOfWork- A TOGoM first-person narrative. This is short and sweet, folks. Wait, actually, it's not...until the end, anyway. Angsty and great.
3. A Night for Healing by Ultracape- Short and waffy...but hey, who doesn't like that? Set right after the whole first season Lex (non-)wedding fiasco.
4. Dear Lois by Shayne Terry- I read this about a year ago now, but I found the hard copy of it recently. I was scanning it, and was reminded why I love this. A tale of emotional pain, lonliness, adventure, drama, and also of love. It's definitely a classic. Taking off from the second season episode "Whine, Whine, Whine," it tells a story of love, war, and sacrifice.
5. A Job Well Done by Supermom- Written not long after September 11th, this is a fic meant to cheer you up...so if you've had a bad day, week, or even month, maybe reading this will help.
1. Carbon Copy by Wendy Richards (I think?)- Still in production. Another take-off of the second season episode "Top Copy," but with a twist. Will Lois find *two* men living in Clark's apartment?! Clark and...Superman?! An alternate universe's Clark Kent/Superman is brought to the Metropolis we know by H.G. Wells to help his other-worldy counterpart as Diana Stride seeks to assassinate Superman, and expose his secret identity.
2. Time After Time by Peace Everett- Episode 2 of Season 5. Ever wonder where that baby came from in "The Family Hour?" Of course you have. This is just one idea of what might have been had Lois and Clark not been cancelled. A well-told tale, with a great a-plot and writing. There's even a little humor and angst in it, too.
3. What Friends Are For by Wendy Richards (boy, Wendy sure is popular... :D)- A heart-warming little fic set in the first season. Lois helps Clark recover his perspective on life and death after a paricularly hard Superman rescue. All the more wonderful, since Lois doesn't yet know The Secret.
4. Psychic by Carolyn B. Schnall- Set in the third season, between "When Irish Eyes are Killing" and "Just Say Noah" (i.e., Lois knows The Secret). Clark meets a new friend, someone who has some special powers of her own. As it turns out, Clark may need her to bail him out of some trouble. Well-written and with good insights.
5. A Question of Trust by Raconteur- Set after the Lex non-wedding fiasco, during that precious healing time. Lois and Clark do a little hiking, a little camping, and a little investigating. They even end up meeting up with their ol' buddies, Bureau 39. What a vacation, huh? Excellent. A must-read.